-Calculated (almost) every day
Percentage grade of work time on Khan Academy for that day compared to available work time, usually 40 minutes. Time available is sometimes adjusted because of internet speed and class time available.
Khan Academy work must follow these rules to receive credit:
1) When watching KA videos, you must listen to the video and nothing else.
2) KA videos cannot count for more than 50% of KA time per day.
3) All KA work must be related to YOUR curent math class (Algebra 1, Algebra 2, or Geometry). Other work will not be counted.
Break Check 1: In assigned seat when the tardy bell rings.
Each day you will receive credit for having these 3 things:
1) Your Algebra class notebook (bring one just for this class ONLY if your other math teacher does not require a notebook.)
2) Your own pencil or erasable pen
3) Headphones or earbuds
When I have earbuds for sale, you must buy them from me between classes to get full credit for having them. If you buy them from me after the tardy bell rings, it is half-credit.
Remember, I do not always have headphones for sale. It is your responsibility to have them every day.
You will be graded on whether you work on the assigned review topics, also.
Excused absences will exempt you from assignments that cannot be made up in class.
•Spend at least 25 minutes of time outside of school hours (3 pm - 8 am) on Khan Academy, watching videos and/or practicing skills every week.
(5 minutes a day on school days works best for many people)
Note: You may now do your KA homework in my classroom during lunch on Monday, Thursday or Friday.
Please note -
1) Because of limitations to the system, I cannot give you homework credit for work done during school hours, such as during nutrition, lunch, or during other classes, except if done in my classroom at Lunch on Monday, Thursday or Friday.